Header Image -

Monthly Archives

One Article

Conclusion of the SSO Saga

by dave 0 Comments

Standard disclaimer – the ‘migratenotes’ posts come from a Notes Migration blog that I wrote from 2007-2010.  More Info

——-

As I’ve mentioned in “recent” posts, we’ve been setting up the WebSphere plugin on our SharePoint servers to enable authentication to Active Directory for our Domino apps.

It has been in production for a few weeks now, and is working great. Not only have we received no complaints, it is actually resolving helpdesk tickets for us, as Domino internet passwords have always been a thorn in our side.

The last change we did was to add a JavaScript redirect on to our server-wide Login form, so that anyone who does try to hit the Domino apps directly, instead of through our SharePoint URL, will be redirected to the proper URL. This is allowing us to ensure that SSO is used universally, without having to worry about whether or not we forgot to update some links on other web sites or in email notifications.

Our next big integration point is to get our Active Directory data more accessible to Notes Applications. Currently we have nightly processes that pull the data from AD into a Notes DB, but there are too many moving parts in the process, and we are constantly fighting data issues. I’ve written some code that uses the XMLHTTP object to call an AD web service, so I can pull data directly from AD on demand. We’ll probably also pull data down into the NAB on a regular basis, but being able to replace @dblookups with web service calls to the true data source (where performance allows) will be lovely.